Are you looking to obtain a flood elevation certificate for flood insurance for residential or commercial property in the US? can help.  Our company will locate a qualified professional who has the equipment and technology to provide you with an elevation certificate for your flood insurance carrier.

What is a Flood Elevation Certificate?

A Flood Elevation Certificate is a document generated by an engineer, surveyor,  or qualified person that will provide data to help properly rate properties for flood insurance.  It can determine where precisely your home is located in relationship to the Base Flood Elevation. You may want to obtain a flood certificate  if your property is in a flood zone, and you are considering disputing it.

Why Would I Want to Purchase A Flood Elevation Certificate?

The Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973 requires flood insurance to be purchased for properties in Special Flood Hazard Areas prior to the owners receiving any type of direct or indirect federal financial assistance. The Flood Elevation Certificate is a tool that Fema uses to certify building elevations, if the building is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area.  This form wlll help determine the proper flood insurance premium rate for the building. Elevation Certificates can only be completed by a licensed land surveyor, engineer, or architect who is licensed by the State to perform such functions.  The certificate will be included along with other paperwork from Fema for a dispute.

How can I get an Elevation Certificate?

Contact any licensed surveyor for information on obtaining an Elevation Certificate. Our website is a directory of Flood Elevation Specialists. To look up a company in your area click on this link: Find A Flood Elevation Specialist Surveyors typically accept checks, cash, or credit cards. Do you research in your search for a engineer for your property.